Purpose of the Award
To honor an individual who has contributed significantly to enriching library services to youth (children and/or teens) in New Hampshire.
Examples of Significant Contributions:
- Overcoming limitation of resources to develop outstanding library service for youth in the community.
- Providing service to a previously unserved or underserved youth population through outreach, creative programming, technology use, or collection development.
- Serving beyond one’s own institution and helping other libraries enrich their services to children and/or teens.
- Promoting youth services through exemplary performance and recognition by the public served.
Criteria for the Recipient
All nominees for the CLNH Librarian of the Year Award must:
- Be currently employed in NH as either a librarian or a library support staff member
- Be a current CLNH member
- NOT be a current CLNH Board member
- NOT be a past recipient of the award
Other Award Information
Only one CLNH Librarian of the Year Award will be given each year. If nominees fail to meet the award criteria, then no award will be presented for that year.
The CLNH Board will review the nominations and select an award winner prior to the CLNH Fall Conference, where the award winner will be announced. The CLNH Librarian of the Year will receive one year’s free NHLA/CLNH membership. In addition, the name of the CLNH Librarian of the Year will be engraved on a plaque, which will be housed in the library of the current CLNH Librarian of the Year.
Past Recipients Include
2008 Cora Jo Ciampi
2009 Barb Ballou
2010 Carol Sanborn
2011 Gail Zachariah
2012 Jan Streelman
2013 Debbie Laffond
2014 Leigh Maynard
2015 Kathy Watson
2016 Lisa Kleinmann
2017 Kayla Morin
2018 Rachel Baker
2019 Heather Lindsay
Please complete the nomination form at the link found here. Nominations must be received by no later than May 24th.
Contact Moriah “Mo” Churchill firstname.lastname@example.org