Purpose of the Award
To honor an individual who has contributed significantly to enriching library services to youth (children and/or teens) in New Hampshire.
Examples of Significant Contributions:
- Overcoming limitation of resources to develop outstanding library service for youth in the community.
- Providing service to a previously unserved or underserved youth population through outreach, creative programming, technology use, or collection development.
- Serving beyond one’s own institution and helping other libraries enrich their services to children and/or teens.
- Promoting youth services through exemplary performance and recognition by the public served.
Criteria for the Recipient
All nominees for the CLNH Librarian of the Year Award must:
- Be currently employed in NH as either a librarian or a library support staff member
- Be a current CLNH member
- NOT be a current CLNH Board member
- NOT be a past recipeint of the award
Other Award Information
Only one CLNH Librarian of the Year Award will be given each year. If nominees fail to meet the award criteria, then no award will be presented for that year.
The CLNH Board will review the nominations and select an award winner prior to the CLNH Spring Conference, where the award winner will be announced. The CLNH Librarian of the Year will receive one year’s free NHLA/CLNH membership. In addition, the name of the CLNH Librarian of the Year will be engraved on a plaque, which will be housed in the library of the current CLNH Librarian of the Year.
Please complete the nomination form at the link found here. Nominations must be received by no later than April 2nd.
Contact CLNH Vice President, Sam Lucius, email@example.com