IMPORTANT UPDATES FOR SPRING 2020
Hello Great Stone Face fans! We’ve got some updates for you on voting for this year’s list, and when you can expect to learn the winner and the titles for the 2020/2021 list.
- April 24: Private release date of the new list. We are asking you to keep it to yourselves until May 8th, when we plan to have a public release, but this will allow you to order extra digital copies, plan for physical buying whenever that begins again, read some titles yourself, etc. We will post the list on the CLNH and the NHSLMA listservs.
- May 8:The public reveal! The book list and the booktalks–both text and video versions–will be available on the GSF page of CLNH’s website. We’re also planning to have a Youtube channel for all the booktalks, so you can access them throughout the year and share them with your patrons and students as you wish. Since we are not sharing physical materials at this time, brochures and bookmarks will be made available at a later date.
Voting for 2020 Winner
- May 1: Voting goes live. Online voting will be done through a Google Form, so anyone can vote, although we’re asking for readers in 4th-6th grades only, please. Since each student fills in his or her own form, librarians and teachers don’t collect votes. Obviously, if children choose to send you their votes instead, feel free to go ahead and enter them. We’ve removed the link to take the vote again, but it is possible, so don’t worry if you have multiple readers who want to vote. The voting link will be posted on the listservs and on the CLNH website and Facebook page before May 1. We are also asking you to then post the link on your own library or school websites and FB pages, or anywhere else that gets the word out!
- May 31: Final Day of 2020 Voting!
- June 1: 2020 Winner Announced
Thank you all for your patience, and for helping us promote the list throughout the state– be well, stay safe, and keep reading!